[ecrea] CFP for TFTV Postgraduate Symposium: Exploring Conceptual and Creative Practices in Theatre, Film and Television

Tue Apr 22 22:48:39 GMT 2014

*TFTV: Exploring Conceptual and Creative Practices in Theatre, Film and Television*

University of York

Monday 2nd June 2014

With Keynote Speakers:

*Dr. Ian W. McDonald *( University of Leeds, Aalto University*)

Lisa Holdsworth *(Theatre and TV writer)

The Department of Theatre, Film and Television, University of York, is currently inviting applications for papers to be given at the 5th Annual Postgraduate Symposium.

This event seeks to encourage a wide array of research interests in the theory and practice of theatre, film and television. We are interested in receiving submissions from postgraduate students researching any and all aspects of the three disciplines and are open to presentations incorporating less traditional research methods, including demonstrations of practical and creative work. The research interests of our own students will form the core of the day’s discussions, but we are happy to incorporate high quality work on any aspect of theatre, film and television.

Please send abstracts of 200-300 words to Romana Turina ((rt748 /at/ york.ac.uk) <mailto:(rt748 /at/ york.ac.uk)>). Papers should be 15 minutes long in order to leave time for discussion. The deadline for entry is *Friday 25th April *and we aim to respond to all submissions by 30th April 2014.

Yours

Maxine Gee
/PhD by Creative Practice Student/
/Department of Theatre, Film and Television, University of York /