Archive for calls, September 2014

[ecrea] Call for Papers, Journal of Digital and Media Literacy

Mon Sep 01 13:40:19 GMT 2014

The Journal of Digital and Media Literacy (an academic, peer-reviewed journal publishing traditional research articles alongside creative digital projects) is currently accepting submissions. The Journal of Digital and Media Literacy examines the ways people use technology to create, sustain, and impact communities on local, national, and global levels. Our content explores how civic leaders, media practitioners, scholars, and educators engage with all aspects of digital and media literacy throughout the communities in which they work, live, and serve.

Our goal is to publish academically sophisticated research with a simplified writing style for a broad audience. This should inspire authors to write in such a way that includes—and welcomes—the audience that they research. See www.jodml.org for more information about our submission and readability requirement.

Types of Submissions

Research and Scholarship (5000 – 6000 words)

Scholars may submit research articles and theoretical/critical papers for double-blind peer review. These manuscripts must relate and contribute to the emerging field of digital and media literacy. Authors must engage with the existing literature and the research question/answer should significantly contribute to the field.

Digital Projects

Scholars, artists, activists, practitioners, and educators may submit interactive, mobile, web-based, photographic, video or any combination of mixed media digital projects for double-blind peer review. Authors should submit a written introduction for each digital project submission that theoretically frames the project within the field of digital and media literacy.

Voices from the Field (1500 – 3000 words)

Practitioners working with technology (media producers, educators, digital artists, archivists, etc.) are invited to share their experiences, case studies, and best practices related to digital and media literacy.

Book Reviews – we currently seeking book reviewers for the latest issue of the journal.

To learn more, visit: www.jodml.org or contact: (jodmleditor /at/ queens.edu)