Archive for calls, March 2013

[ecrea] CFP Altitude Journal_An e-journal of emerging humanities work

Fri Mar 08 09:08:33 GMT 2013

CFP

This is an invitation to publish in Altitude: An e-journal of emerging humanities work (www.thealtitudejournal.net <http://www.thealtitudejournal.net/>)

ISSN 1444-1160 (Altitude was founded in 2000)

Altitude is a peer reviewed journal of emerging innovative and creative work in the humanities. We use web-based open-access technologies to provide access to research and to extend the parameters of intellectual exchange. Altitude particularly emphasizes support for early career researchers and postgraduate scholars. We also endeavour to assist early career researchers from non-English speaking backgrounds who would like to and choose to publish in English to share their research.

We provide

   * Rigorous peer review of your research
   * Prompt Publishing
   * Multidisciplinary audience

Manuscript submission guidelines: http://www.thealtitudejournal.net/submission-guidelines.html

(Please contact Clifton Evers if you have any questions: (clifton.evers /at/ nottingham.edu.cn))

As Altitude is an electronic journal we have the ability to add articles as they are approved via the peer review process. Each volume (one volume per year) is a "rolling issue". The journal is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals <http://www.doaj.org/>. Journal articles are included in a long time preservation project that the DOAJ service is running together with the National Library in the Hague, Netherlands. Manuscripts are preserved at the e-Depot in the Netherlands (http://www.kb.nl/e-Depot).

This is a multidisciplinary journal and we invite manuscript submissions in areas such as (but not exclusive to):

Cultural studies & cultural research

Media & communications

Sport studies

Gender studies

Literature

Human geography

Subcultural studies

Postcolonial studies

Cultural/creative industries

Cultural history

Area studies

Cultural sociology

Sociology

Sexuality studies

Journalism & advertising

Critical theory

Everyday life

Game studies

Film

--Dr Clifton Evers
Assistant Professor
Cultural and Media Studies
Faculty Doctoral Programme Director
Faculty of Arts and Education
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
T. +86 18621672317

Editor-in-chief of Altitude: An e-journal of emerging humanities work
www.thealtitudejournal.net