Archive for calls, February 2013

[ecrea] Centre for Media History conference on ethical dimensions of media history

Mon Feb 11 15:06:47 GMT 2013

Centre for Media History, Bournemouth University

2 day conference    Ethical dimensions of media history: European perspectives.

Thursday and Friday May 9th - 10th.

The CMH is holding a 2 day conference to discuss ethical dimensions of media history.

The 'ethical' dimension can be interpreted as an ethical aspect of research or the historical study of the relationship between morality and the media.

We invite papers on research and ethics; the personal and the public; use of diaries and letters; scandals and morality in the media and so on.  Contributions should of course place the media in its historical perspective.

This theme will help to shed light on the recent Leveson inquiry and the Jimmy Savile scandal.

As we did at our May conference in 2012 we will invite our established Swedish, German and other European colleagues to add a European perspective.

This will be a relatively small scale, and free, event and we welcome abstracts for papers.

Registration and other details will follow at the beginning of April.

Please send abstracts of up to 250 words, together with a short biog. to

 Julia (Taylorjuliat /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk)<mailto:(juliat /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk)>

Thanks

Hugh

Hugh Chignell

Professor of Media History
The Media School
Bournemouth University
BH12 5BB     01202 961393  Mob. 07799643970

Public Issue Radio: Talks, News and Current Affairs in the Twentieth Century,  2011

http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/1219

[http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/Images/QueensAwardLogo.jpg]

BU is a Disability Two Ticks Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages<http://www.disabledgo.com/en/org/bournemouth-university>

MeCCSA is the subject association for the field of media, communication and cultural studies in UK Higher Education. Membership is open to all who teach and research these subjects in HE institutions, via either institutional or individual membership. The field includes film and TV production, journalism, radio, photography, creative writing, publishing, interactive media and the web; and it includes higher education for media practice as well as for media studies.

This mailing list is a free service from MeCCSA and is not restricted to members.

For further information, please visit:http://www.meccsa.org.uk/