Archive for calls, April 2011

[ecrea] CFP: 7th Dubrovnik media days : Civic activism, terrorism and security mediation

Wed Apr 27 12:28:58 GMT 2011

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the conference Organizing Committee, we would like to
inform you of the:

International conference
7th Dubrovnik media days
Civic activism, terrorism and security mediation
Dubrovnik, Croatia 18 – 19 November 2011
www.unidu.hr/dmd

In light of the events in Tunisia, Egypt, Libia and Croatia, this
year's theme of the 7th Dubrovnik media days will be the Civic
activism, terrorism and security mediation.

Subthemes of the conference will be:

•	Civic activism and political changes, international security issues
•	Power, influence and the use of social media (Facebook, Twitterand
Youtube) for the purpose of activism
•	The use of Internet by terrorists and anti-government organizations
for funding, recruitment, communication and terrorist attacks
•	Reporting on the civic activim, terrorism and security issues
•	Wikileaks and whistleblowers, and leaking of classified information

On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we invite you to apply for the
participation in Dubrovnik media days. Detailed information is
available at www.unidu.hr/dmd, and inquiries can be sent to
(dmd /at/ unidu.hr).
English is the working language.

The papers presented and reviewed will be published in the Medianali –
journal of Department of Communication Science University of Dubrovnik.

The deadline for the call for papers (a title, short abstract, contact
details and affiliation of author) is 1 October 2011.

We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able
to join us in Dubrovnik this November.

dr. Mato Brautovic
President of Organization committee
(mbraut /at/ unidu.hr)
+385(0)20 445 744

DEADLINES:
Application deadline: 1/10/2011
Approval deadline: 15/10/2011
Full paper submission deadline: 1/12/2011