Archive for calls, December 2010

[ecrea] Call for papers - Journal of Media Practice: 'Story'

Wed Dec 01 20:52:13 GMT 2010

Call for papers

Journal of Media Practice

Issue 12.2: Story

The rapidly expanding field of media practitioners is helping create forms that change the way we understand the story. While traditional story forms continue to dominate the mainstream, new technologies are enabling people to experiment as never before. Alongside the work of a generation of skilled media students are grassroots organisations inspired by stories in their locality or wider concerns that might have global reach. Interactive game-playing and multiple-level narratives are only two of the ways in which our understanding of story-form is being re-thought.

The Journal of Media Practice will dedicate issue 12.2 to contributions that explore the concept of story. We anticipate traditional papers but would also welcome submissions in forms such as interviews, work-in-progress, visual and audio essays as well as commentaries on the ways in which story is being re-imagined for the twenty-first century.

Deadlines: Please send articles by 31 January 2011 to the editor, Professor Gareth Palmer, University of Salford: <(g.palmer /at/ salford.ac.htm)>(g.palmer /at/ salford.ac.uk) Articles should be between 6-8,000 words in length, or 3-5,000 for short articles and 1-2,000 words for reports, reviews or interviews.

Open submissions for later issues are also welcomed. Please send these and any enquires about submissions to Professor Gareth Palmer: <(g.palmer /at/ salford.ac.htm)>(g.palmer /at/ salford.ac.uk)

For more information on the Journal of Media Practice, please see the journal?s webpage:

<http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=132/>http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=132/

The Journal of Media Practice is published by Intellect.

Editor:
Professor Gareth Palmer, School of Media, Music and Performance, University of Salford, Adelphi House, M3 6 EN

ISSN: 1468-2753| Online ISSN: 2040-0926 | 2011, Volume 12, 3 issues per year

Institutional subscription: £210 / $330 | Online subscription: £177 / $265 | Individual subscription: £33 / $65

Are you interested in Intellect or our publications? Find us online...

Web: <http://www.intellectbooks.com>http://www.intellectbooks.com | Blog: <http://bit.ly/9mbeMw>http://bit.ly/9mbeMw Facebook: <http://bit.ly/IntelectFB>http://bit.ly/IntelectFB | Twitter: <http://bit.ly/c83QEk>http://bit.ly/c83QEk

For additional information please contact:

Nicola Reisner: <(nicola /at/ intellectbooks.htm)>(nicola /at/ intellectbooks.com)

---
Nicola Reisner  |  Journals Marketing