[ecrea] The Public Sphere: Call for Submissions

Mon Nov 02 16:03:02 GMT 2009

* The Public Sphere: Call for Submissions*
*The Public Sphere <http://thepublicsphere.com/>* seeks submissions for the
next issue of our magazine. We focus on cultural matters (see our
About Us<http://thepublicsphere.com/about-us/>page for more
information about us), and we are looking for essays and art
that query public life. For our next issue, we seek essays querying the
theme of â??*health*.â?? Amidst the debate about altering health care in the
U.S. and improving global access to health care, what does â??healthâ?? even
mean? What activities, and what peoples, are associated with being
â??healthy?â?? How does â??healthâ?? operate as a discursive category, and how is it
related to â??healthâ?? as a medical category? Are there new ways we can and
should approach â??healthâ?? amidst twenty-first century technological advances?
These and other questions are all up for conversation in our next issue. If
you are interested in writing for our next issue, please submit your piece
via e-mail ((info /at/ thepublicsphere.com)) in either .rtf or .doc format to The
Public Sphere by November 15, 2009. Essays should be no longer than 2000
words. Artistic interpretations should be submitted in .jpg format. Poetry,
short fiction, and complexly conceived book reviews are also welcome.