[ecrea] CFP: special issue on ?Digital Storytelling?

Tue Oct 13 08:29:43 GMT 2009

Call for papers ? special issue on ?Digital Storytelling?
Seminar.net is a peer-reviewed academic e-journal in the area of media, technology, and lifelong learning. In this academic area, Seminar.net welcomes and supports the presentation of visual material, videos, animations, and genres that have emerged from expressions in the New Media in symbiosis with written articles. Seminar.net aims to expand the format of how academics can
express their insights, wisdom, and scientific results.

We aim at publishing a special issue of Seminar.net on "Digital Storytelling". We invite scholars to publish the results of their academic studies in the area of ?Digital Storytelling?. This special issue invites scholars to submit contributions that address how the genre is used in various contexts today ? whether they are for educational purposes or for emerging new areas of use related to health, leisure, recreation, activism, community building, planning, professional communication, and reflection, and more. Furthermore, authors should aim their contributions towards building the knowledge about digital storytelling as a genre and its potential in the media society. We welcome, then, critical and well founded presentations of how the concept is being
applied to various

All contributions will be peer-reviewed by independent reviewers, who are selected among members of our editorial board, and an expert panel. Joe Lambert of the Center for Digital Storytelling, professor Theo Hug of University of Innsbruck, and professor Knut Lundby, University of Oslo have agreed to act as an advisory board to the editors for this special issue.
Important dates:
November 1, 2009: Final date for sending proposals to editor
January 1, 2010: Final date for sending contributions to the editor
March 31, 2010: Publication
On behalf of the editorial board:
Yngve Nordkvelle
Editor

e-mail: (Yngve.Nordkvelle /at/ hil.no)
url: http://seminar.net
url "Call for papers": http://www.seminar.net/latest/call-for-papers-special-issue-on-digital-storytelling
Yngve Troye Nordkvelle,
Professor
Høgskolen i Lillehammer, Pb 952, 2604 Lillehammer
http://mediepedagogikk.hil.no
http://seminar.net
http://www.uhr.no/organisering/uniped

Tlf.: 61288286, Mobil: 004741478838, Fax: 61288188
e-mail: (Yngve.Nordkvelle /at/ hil.no)