[ecrea] MECCSA Conference 6-8 January 2010 Call for papers

Wed Jul 01 17:24:41 GMT 2009

MeCCSA 2010 Conference
Wednesday 6th  - Friday 8th  January 2010

MeCCSA is the UK subject association for those teaching and researching in
Media, Communication and Cultural Studies. The organisation holds its next
conference from 6th -8th January 2010, hosted by the Department of Media
and Communications, London School of Economics and Political Science and
held at LSE. It includes a reception and conference dinner at LSE.
In keeping with the commitment of LSE?s Department of Media and
Communications to policy-relevance and to the highest ethical standards of
practice in our field, the overall theme of the 2010 conference is Media,
Communication, Policy and Practice.

? Delegate fees can be found here:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/MeCCSA/MeCCSA_Delegate_Fees.
htm
? Registration for the conference will open on 15th September 2009

Call for Abstracts
We invite papers, panels, presentations of practice and posters across the
range of interests represented by the Association and its networks
(www.MeCCSA.org.uk). Some sessions will weave together ?practice?
and ?research? and there will be separate screenings, in full, of this material.
Please submit online http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/MeCCSA/ by
18th September 2009.

Poster Competition
The MeCCSA Executive Committee is offering a  poster competition prize of
£100.  The academic poster is highly valued by MeCCSA as an indicator of
current research and there will be a good space set aside at the 2010
conference for this activity.

Competition for Best Paper on Art, Design and Media for Higher Education
The Art Design Media - Higher Education Academy Subject Centre (ADM-HEA)
is offering a £500 prize and publication for the best paper analysing key issues
impacting on media, communications and cultural studies in higher education.

Competition for Best Paper on Media and Communications Policy
LSE's Department of Media and Communications is offering a £300 prize and
publication in its Media@LSE Electronic Working Paper Series (subject to final revisions by the conference organisers), for the best paper addressing critical
perspectives on key issues of policy relevance in a convergent media and
communications industry.

Submission Procedures
Please submit online http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/MeCCSA/ by
18th September 2009.  Proposers will be notified of acceptance no later than
23rd October 2009.
Confirmed speakers:
?       Prof Tony Bennett, Western Sydney
?       Prof Georgina Born, Cambridge
?       Prof Paul du Gay, Warwick Business School
?       Prof Sylvia Harvey, Lincoln
?       Prof Adam Joinson, Bath
?       Dr Jason Lee, Derby
?       Prof Eileen Munro, LSE
?       Dr Kieron O?Hara, Southampton
?       Prof Charles Raab, Edinburgh
?       Ed Richards, Ofcom
?       Prof Karen Ross, Liverpool
?       Dr Katharine Sarikakis, Leeds
?       Prof Philip Schlesinger, Glasgow
?       Dr Gillian Youngs, Leicester
Please note the dates in your diary, we look forward to welcoming you to LSE!
We have attached a poster for your noticeboards.
LSE MeCCSA Organising Team
Department of Media and Communications | LSE | Houghton Street | London |
WC2A 2AE
(media.MeCCSAconference /at/ lse.ac.uk)