[ecrea] Crossroads in Cultural Studies 2010 in Hong Kong: 1st Call for Session Proposals

Tue Jun 02 17:02:16 GMT 2009

Dear friends and colleagues,

The 8th Crossroads Conference in Cultural Studies will be hosted by the
Department of Cultural Studies jointly with Kwan Fong Cultural Research
& Development Programme of _*Lingnan University in **HONG KONG during
June 17 -21, 2010*_. Please check the details at our conference website:
http://www.crossroads2010.org

This year we are very pleased to have invited the following keynote and
plenary speakers:

    * Katherine GIBSON (Australia)
    * Tony BENNETT (UK/Australia)
    * Anne BALSAMO (US)
    * Nilufer GOLE (Turkey/France)
    * Josephine HO (Taiwan)
    * Sandro MEZZADRA (Italy)
    * PUN Ngai (China)
    * Vinod RAINA (India)
    * Andrew ROSS (US)
    * Catherine WALSH (Ecuador)

As always, we are open to all innovative topics in Cultural Studies.
There is certainly no boundary of your scholarly thinking; however, we
do have some suggested topics listed in the section "Topic Suggestions"
in the conference website as food for thoughts. Please also refer to the
section on "Panels and Proposals" in the conference website for the
submission guidelines.

Please submit your proposals by *_December 31st, 2009_* to the Academic
Programme Sub-committee at: (xroads /at/ LN.edu.hk)

We look forward to receiving your proposals soon! Please also forward
this message to your peers who may be interested in attending the
conference.

Crossroads 2010
Academic Programme Sub-committee

Academic Director:

    * Professor Meaghan MORRIS, Dept of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University

Committee Members:

    * Professor Stephen Ching-kiu CHAN, Dept of Cultural Studies,
      Lingnan University
    * Professor John Nguyet ERNI, Dept of Cultural Studies, Lingnan
      University
    * Dr Helen GRACE, Dept of Cultural & Religious Studies, The Chinese
      University of Hong Kong
    * Professor Mette Anne HJORT, Dept of Philosophy, Lingnan University
    * Dr Po-keung HUI, Dept of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University
    * Dr Wing-sang LAW, Dept of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University
    * Dr Angel LIN, Dept of English, City University of Hong Kong
    * Dr Shuang SHEN, Dept of Chinese, Lingnan University
    * Dr Ching YAU, Dept of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University