[ecrea] Call for Papers for publication on social movements

Mon Jun 16 21:21:51 GMT 2008

> > Call for Papers: Issue 1, "Movement knowledge"
> >

> > Interface is a new journal launched by activists and academics around the
> > world in response to the development and increased visibility of social
> > movements in the last few years - and the immense amount of knowledge
> > generated in this process. This knowledge is created across the globe,
>and in many contexts and a variety of ways, and it constitutes an
>incredibly valuable
> > resource for the further development of social movements. Interface
>responds
> > to this need, as a tool to help our movements learn from each other's
> > struggles.
> >

> > Interface is a forum bringing together activists from different
>movements and
> > different countries, researchers working with movements, and progressive
> > academics from various countries to contribute to the production of
>knowledge
> > that can help us gain insights across movements and issues, across
>continents
> > and cultures, and across theoretical and disciplinary traditions. To
>this end,
> > Interface seeks to develop analysis and knowledge that allow lessons to be
> > learned from specific movement processes and experiences and translated
>into a
> > form useful for other movements. In doing so, our goal is to include
>material
> > that can be used in a range of ways by movements in terms of its
>content, its
> > language, its purpose and its form.
> >

> > We are currently seeking contributions to the first issue of Interface and
> > welcome contributions by movement participants and academics who are
> > developing movement-relevant theory and research. The theme of this first
> > issue, which will be published on January 1st 2009, is "movement
>knowledge":
> > what we know, how we create knowledge, what we do with it and how it can
>make
> > a difference either in movement struggles or in creating a different and
> > better world. We invite both formal research (qualitative and quantitative)
> > and practically-grounded work on all aspects of social movements. We are
> > seeking work in a range of different formats, such as conventional
>articles,
> > review essays, facilitated discussions and interviews, action notes,
>teaching
> > notes, key documents and analysis, book reviews and beyond.
> >

> > In order to achieve this, research contributions will be reviewed by both
> > activist and academic peers, other material will be sympathetically edited,
> > and the editorial process generally will be geared towards assisting
>authors
> > to find ways of expressing their understanding, so that we all can be heard
> > across geographical, social and political distances. The deadline for
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/