[ecrea] Communication Education - Call for Major Reviews

Fri Apr 11 17:29:46 GMT 2008

Communication Education - Call for Major Reviews

One of my goals as Editor of Communication
Education is to continue the improvement of CEs
credibility and visibility, emphasizing it as a
premiere source of the highest level knowledge
and information on communication in educational
contexts.  One mechanism for achieving this is to
publish major reviews of instructional
communication research that serve as foundational
pieces for researchers and
practitioners.  Communication Education should be
the go to journal for all things related to
communication in education-relevant contexts.

Therefore, I am soliciting comprehensive, major
literature reviews, either empirical or
narrative, on important facets of instructional,
developmental and related professional
communication.  Such reviews should be thorough,
detailed, and unbiased, and provide extensive
background as well as the latest research on
major instructional concepts.  These reviews will
be stand-alone pieces in that they provide
relevant thorough explanations of important
concepts, situated in the field of communication studies.

Because of the highly-specialized nature of these
endeavors, authors should contact me prior to
completing and submitting the review.  For
example, if there is currently a review on a
particular concept in progress, overlap is
probable and there is little likelihood of
publishing a second.  Therefore, discussion of
the project, its goals, methods, and timeline, is
necessary to assure appropriateness prior to
journal submission.  Reviews must not be
published or under consideration elsewhere.

I encourage both senior and junior scholars to
undertake these major scholarly reviews.  Such
pieces can communicate as exemplars and orientations of our field.

Melanie Booth-Butterfield
Communication Education Editor
Department of Communication Studies, PO Box 6293
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV  26506
Email: <mailto:(mbooth /at/ wvu.edu)>(mbooth /at/ wvu.edu)

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/