[eccr] CFP: Cultural Studies Association Conference / May 5-9, 2004

Wed Sep 17 07:33:15 GMT 2003

>Please circulate
>
>CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>The Cultural Studies Association (U.S.) will hold its second annual
>conference at Northeastern University in Boston on May 5-9, 2004. The
>Cultural Studies Association provides a forum for scholars of Cultural
>Studies, in all its diverse manifestations, to exchange their work and
>ideas across disciplinary lines and institutional locations.
>
>The Association welcomes proposals for panels or for individual papers
>from all areas of Cultural Studies (including but not limited to
>literature, history, sociology, geography, anthropology, communications,
>popular culture, cultural theory, queer studies, critical race studies,
>feminist studies, postcolonial studies, media and film studies, material
>culture studies, performance and visual arts studies).
>
>In order to be considered, each proposal must contain a cover sheet with
>name(s), paper and/or panel title(s), affiliation(s), and e-mail and snail
>mail addresses.  All proposals must be received no later than December 1,
>2003.  The program will be published on February 15.  Paper and panel
>proposals should be no more than 300 words in length and should be sent to
>(CSAconference /at/ hotmail.com).
>
>As part of the conference a special series of panels will be devoted to the
>concept of "Persona."  Persona deals with the presentation of the public
>self and its articulation both in everyday activities and mediated
>constructions. We encourage the submission of papers that address this
>topic.  Key areas may include celebrity, leadership & display, fame, the
>role of recognition, sexual/gender/ethnic identity, etc.  Those wanting to
>have their papers considered for the Persona panels, should indicate their
>interest by addressing their abstracts directly to P. David Marshall,
>Chair, Department of Communication Studies, Northeastern University via
>email only: (d.marshall /at/ neu.edu)
>
>Registration and hotel information will be available on our web-site soon.
>
>Cultural Studies Association Organizing Committee:
>Angie Chabram-Dernersesian, Nancy Condee, May Joseph, Miranda Joseph, David
>Marshall, Lee Medovoi, Sangeeta Ray, Michael Ryan, David Shumway, Imre
>Szeman

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/