[eccr] ICT, Social Enterprise and Sustainable Development Newsletter - Call for Web Conference Presentations

Tue Aug 05 13:43:09 GMT 2003

Dear all,

>This e-newsletter is to update you on recent and forthcoming events and
>activities relating to the use of Information Communications Technology
>for social enterprise, community media and sustainable development.
>

>In this edition
>

>Presentation Archives now available for July PTC Web Conference on
>"Telecentres - their role in social and economic development"
>
>Euro / American web conference on Telecentres planned for August 20th
>
>Call for Presentations for PTC Web Conference on "Technologies for
>Development" on August 27th
>
>Mass Mitec win Broadband Britain Local Champion Award for East Midlands
>Region (Education Section)
>
>Corporate Responsibility Conference and Ansted University Convocation in
>London Sept 3rd - 6th
>
>HCI 2003 Conference in Bath featuring Workshop on "Designing for Civil
>Society" Sept 8th
>
>E-learning Expo in Vienna Sept 11th - 12th
>
>Digital Earth Conference in Brno Sept 21st - 25th
>
>Women Connect Web Site Launched
>
>Digital Dynamics Conference in Loughborough Nov 6th - 9th
>
>Geographic Distribution of ICTs
>
>Call for Papers - Environmental Online Communication
>

>  *************************
>

>"Telecentres - their role in social and economic development" Powerpoint
>Presentation Archives now available
>

>The powerpoint presentations from the July PTC web conference are now
>available for viewing and download at :-
>http://www.hcln.net/conferences/PTCVC/July_2003/index.htm
><http://www.hcln.net/conferences/PTCVC/July_2003/index.htm>  and include
>:-
>

>Telecentres - their role in social and economic development - a UK
>perspective by David Wortley
>
>Key issues for the successful implementation of rural telecentres by
>Kenji Saga
>
>Community Telecentres in Indonesia by Dr Naswil Idris
>
>Socio economic impact of Telecentres in remote First Nations in Canada
>by Brian Beaton
>

>Euro / American web conference on Telecentres planned for August 20th
>

>I have been asked to organise a follow up web conference on Telecentres
>for the European / USA time zone and I am inviting offers of
>presentations on the Telecentre theme for a web conference on August
>20th at 15:00 pm UK time. If you would like to share your experience of
>telecentres or community media centres with a global audience, please
>email me at (dwortley /at/ massmitec.co.uk) <mailto:(dwortley /at/ massmitec.co.uk)>
>

>Call for Presentations for PTC Web Conference on "Technologies for
>Development" on August 27th
>

>The second monthly PTC web conference will be held on August 27th on the
>theme of "Technologies for Development". This could include for example
>such technologies as radio, wi-fi, satellite, powerline, mobile
>telephony etc.
>
>Criteria for such technologies might include :-
>

>1) low cost
>
>2) easy to operate and maintain
> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/