[eccr] Fwd: Call for Papers: 'Social Semiotics' Special Symposia: 'What is Media Theory?' 15/12/03

Wed Jul 30 12:44:47 GMT 2003

>SOCIAL SEMIOTICS: Special Symposium: 'What is Media Theory?' - 15/12/03
>(for Vol 14 (2) 2004)
>
>General Editor: Professor Terry Threadgold, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
>
>Co-Editor: Dr Radhika Mohanram, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
>
>Associate Editor, Australia: Dr Joseph Pugliese, Macquarie University, NSW,
>Australia
>
>Associate Editor, USA: Dr Toby Miller, New York University, USA
>
>Book Review Editors: Dr Karin Wahl-Jorgensen, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
>Rebecca Farley, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
>
>Editorial Assistant: Judith Pryor, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
>

>'Social Semiotics' is a refereed journal and has been published
>continuously for 14 years.  The journal invites work that explores
>relationships between Culture, Meanings and Practices in a broad range of
>contexts.  We invite contributions from anyone who feels at home in the
>transdisciplinary conjunction which the journal represents.
>
>Papers should be 5-7 000 words in length and referenced in the Harvard
>Style.
>
>First drafts to be received by 15 December 2003.
>
>Please send contributions by email to: (ThreadgoldT2 /at/ cf.ac.uk)
>
>or by post to: Professor Terry Threadgold
>                      Professor of Communication & Cultural Studies
>                      Head, School of Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies
>                      Cardiff University
>                      Bute Building
>                      King Edward VII Avenue
>                      Cardiff CF1 3NB
>                      UNITED KINGDOM

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/