Archive for October 2022

[Commlist] post-doc Popular Science Communication

Tue Oct 11 13:01:26 GMT 2022

The Department of Media and Communication and the Erasmus Research Centre for Media, Communication and Culture (ERMeCC) is looking for a Post-Doctoral Researcher (60%) / Lecturer (20%-40%) – ‘Popular Science Communication’. We are looking for a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Researcher and Lecturer that will both conduct research in the context of two Horizon research projects on trust in science and effective science communication funded by the European Commission and teach in our undergraduate and graduate programmes in Media & Communication. The research projects are part of the Inspiring and Anchoring Trust in Science project (started in June 2022) and COALESCE (Coordinated Opportunities for Advanced Leadership and Engagement in Science Communication in Europe). Lecture duties will be focused on contributing to both our bachelor and master level courses in communication including the supervision of student theses in this area.

A PhD in Communication, Media Studies, Sociology, or within the domain of other Social Sciences is required, with demonstrated interest in science communication practices and/or public communication. The candidate is expected to possess didactic skills and an affinity for working with students. Furthermore, we’re looking for someone with suitable research and analysis skills, particularly with regards to scientific communication; Proven affinity for empirical research, as evidenced by your research work, publications, research plans and other projects; Didactic potential - teaching experience is desired; Organizational experience and skills; Proficiency in spoken and written English (Non-English speakers have to meet the C1-standards of the Common European Framework (CEF).

The Department of Media & Communication and ERMeCC are part of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research, as expressed in our mission ‘Creating positive societal impact’. EUR is home to 3.700 academics and professionals and almost 33.000 students from more than 140 countries.

More details on the research and teaching duties, requirements, and working conditions can be found via the following link: https://www.academictransfer.com/nl/318495/post-doctoral-researcher-lecturer-popular-science-communication-08-10-fte/ <https://www.academictransfer.com/nl/318495/post-doctoral-researcher-lecturer-popular-science-communication-08-10-fte/>.

Anticipated starting date is January 2^nd , 2023, for the duration of 2 years. The deadline to apply is October 26^th , 2022.

*For additional information about the vacancy (not the application itself), contact Jason Pridmore ((pridmore /at/ eshcc.eur.nl) <mailto:(pridmore /at/ eshcc.eur.nl)>) or Simone Driessen ((driessen /at/ eshcc.eur.nl) <mailto:(driessen /at/ eshcc.eur.nl)>).