[Commlist] Two Open Faculty Positions at the Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania

Sat Sep 04 16:03:00 GMT 2021

*Tenure-Track Professor of Global Communication Studies*

The Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania is seeking to fill a tenure-track faculty position in Global Communication Studies to begin the fall semester 2022.

We are looking for a productive researcher, engaged scholar, and committed teacher/mentor who studies cross-national, supranational, transnational and/or translocal theories and subjects, using qualitative and/or quantitative methods. Topics may include but are not limited to critical and/or comparative studies of media institutions, systems, and audiences as they relate to digital inequalities; diasporas; development; the uses and structural impacts of technologies; legal, economic and policy frameworks; journalism; the geopolitics of the popular; postcolonial and indigenous perspectives; and implications of communication infrastructures. This position is one of two hires we are making that reflect our desire to expand our footprint in global communication. Preference will be given to researchers whose work centers on the Global South.

Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Communication or a related field by the start of the appointment. Candidates who add to our school and university diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.

The Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania is a graduate school of communication theory and research, with 20 full-time faculty and approximately 80 doctoral students representing a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds and interests. The School’s Center for Advanced Global Communication is an impressively endowed center for global communication scholarship. The faculty also has primary responsibility for an undergraduate communication major within the School of Arts and Sciences.

Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, three names of references, and three articles, chapters, or other research to Professor John L. Jackson, Jr., Dean, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania via *http://apply.interfolio.com/87752* <http://apply.interfolio.com/87752>. For full consideration, applications must be submitted no later than Sunday, September 30, 2021.

The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.  Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action <http://www.upenn.edu/affirm-action/> and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street,  Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).

*Professor of Global Communication Studies*

The Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania is searching for an internationally recognized senior scholar to join our faculty and lead the School’s endowed Center for Advanced Research in Global Communication <https://cargc.asc.upenn.edu/>. We are looking for a productive researcher, engaged scholar, and committed teacher/mentor who studies cross-national, supranational, transnational and/or translocal theories and subjects, using qualitative and/or quantitative methods. Topics may include but are not limited to critical and/or comparative studies of media institutions, systems, and audiences as they relate to digital inequalities; diasporas; development; the uses and structural impacts of technologies; legal, economic and policy frameworks; journalism; the geopolitics of the popular; postcolonial and indigenous studies; and implications of communication infrastructures. This position is one of two hires we are making that reflect our desire to expand our footprint in global communication. Preference will be given to researchers whose work centers on the Global South. Candidates who add to our School and University diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.

The Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania is a graduate school of communication theory and research, with 20 full-time faculty and approximately 80 doctoral students representing a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds and interests. The faculty also has primary responsibility for an undergraduate communication major within the School of Arts and Sciences.

Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three articles, chapters, or other research to Professor John L. Jackson, Jr., Dean, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania via *http://apply.interfolio.com/87755* <http://apply.interfolio.com/87755>. For full consideration, applications must be submitted no later than Sunday, September 30, 2021.