Archive for March 2021

[Commlist] New 2D Digital Animation post at Hertfordshire

Sat Mar 27 19:59:55 GMT 2021

At Hertfordshire we’re now advertising for a new 0.6 lecturer post in 2D Digital Animation to join our award winning Digital Animation Programme.

If you’re interested in applying, head to this link:

https://www.herts.ac.uk/staff/careers-at-herts/current-vacancies-search <https://www.herts.ac.uk/staff/careers-at-herts/current-vacancies-search>

And look for “Lecturer in 2D Animation” on that page.

++++

University of Hertfordshire

*Lecturer in 2D Digital Animation *

*School of Creative Arts*

*FTE: *0.6 FTE working 22.2 hours per week

*Duration of Contract: *Permanent

*Salary: *UH7 £33,797 to £40,322pa pro rata depending on skills and experience

*Location: *College Lane Campus, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield.

/We are a committed equal opportunities employer and we particularly encourage applications from women and BAME candidates to reflect our diverse student cohort and staff underrepresentation where it exists./

The School of Creative Arts is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in 2D Digital Animation to be a core member of the teaching team in our Internationally award-winning and highly regarded Animation area.

*Main Duties and Responsibilities*

You will inspire and intellectually challenge our students, developing and delivering a high-quality teaching and learning experience, and ensuring the successful and effective day-to-day running of modules. You will work closely with colleagues and the Programme Leaders, in a collegiate and proactive academic team, to provide an excellent student learning experience.

The successful applicant will develop the students’ range of knowledge and skills from research and experimentation, through creative idea generation to final high-quality production. Working closely with colleagues you will ensure currency and creativity in teaching and learning, develop contacts and networks at the cutting edge of the subject and make a strong contribution to teaching and research in the School.

You will be expected to contribute to pastoral care of students and at least one of the following School priorities: international developments and global perspectives in the curriculum; equality, diversity and inclusion, research led teaching; interdisciplinary projects; employability and outreach.

*Skills and Experience*

You will have experience in teaching at Higher Education level, alongside experience of working in commercial animation production, either in motion graphics, commercials or cartoon series. You will be a creative practitioner and have expert-level industry experience of using After Effects and one or more of Toon Boom, Harmony, TV Paint or Adobe Animate. A track record of teaching and leadership on modules or courses and experience of curriculum development would be desirable.

You must have up to date knowledge of commercial 2D animation pipelines, ability to create and animate rigged 2D characters, and demonstrate motion graphics skills for idents and title sequences. A proactive approach to continually learning new skills and keeping up with industry practice is key.

You will have good oral and written communication skills, be proficient in the English language, and work effectively and flexibly as part of a team.

*Qualifications required*

The post holder will be required to hold an Undergraduate qualification in subject or related subject, or equivalent qualification; a postgraduate qualification, teaching qualification or Research degree would be advantageous.

*Contact Details/Informal Enquiries*

*Martin Bowman*– Joint Programme Leader Animation (m.p.bowman /at/ herts.ac.uk) <mailto:(m.p.bowman /at/ herts.ac.uk)>

*Daniel Goodbrey*– Joint Programme Leader Animation (d.m.1.goodbrey /at/ herts.ac.uk) <mailto:(d.m.1.goodbrey /at/ herts.ac.uk)>

*Professor Peter Richardson*– Head of Screen (p.richardson3 /at/ herts.ac.uk) <mailto:(p.richardson3 /at/ herts.ac.uk)>

*Closing Date: *03 May 2021

*Interview Date: *To be confirmed

*Reference Number:*032395

*Date Advert Placed:*25 March 2021

Our vision is to transform lives and UH is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and building a diverse community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their protected characteristics. We offer a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave and discounted Sports Village memberships, personal and professional development and family-friendly policies. #GoHerts