Archive for March 2021

[Commlist] Screenworks Vol 11.1 - Elisabeth Brun’s Thinking Through Form

Fri Mar 12 11:53:13 GMT 2021

We are pleased to announce the publication of our fifthentry in/Screenworks/ <https://screenworks.org.uk/>Volume 11.1, Elisabeth Brun’s Thinking Through Form:https://doi.org/10.37186/swrks/11.1/5 <https://doi.org/10.37186/swrks/11.1/5>

In this award winning experimental work, Brun explores how essayist film practice may be a way to think topographically. She suggests that through non-verbal techniques such as camera movement, camera position, montage and algorithm, films can think conceptually about place forms and place structures, as well as their projective powers for the imagination. Brun’s video essay is structured around three visits to her remote hometown in the Arctic North of Norway, exploring this site to build her ideas about how places are perceived, imagined and conceptualized.

Volume 11.1 is an open "rolling" volume which means we are accepting practice-research submissions on any subject throughout this academic year. More information and guidelines can be found online at our submissions page:http://screenworks.org.uk/submissions <http://screenworks.org.uk/submissions>