[ecrea] Call for Art at 2019 Media Ecology Association Annual Convention

Wed Sep 12 13:49:39 GMT 2018

*MEDIA(S)CENE*

*Call for Art/Creative Works on Media and Communication*

Exhibition opportunity at 2019 Media Ecology Annual Convention

*Deadline for proposals: December 1, 2018*

/We invite proposals for *new or existing works for exhibition, screening, performance, installation, sound art and other creative formats* to be featured at the *Media Ecology Association’s 20^th Annual Convention, *taking place on*27-30 June 2019 in Toronto*./

Inspired by Marshall McLuhan’s “probes” and his view that art is an “anti-environment” or counter-environment to media, we welcome proposals for innovative works that address, expand, or challenge the concepts and conditions of our contemporary media environments, as theorized in our experimental essay *“Hot and Cool in the Media(S)cene”*: https://medium.com/mediascene*.*

Selected proposals will be invited for the ”Media(s)cene” art exhibit at the Media Ecology Association’s 20^th Annual Convention from 27-30 June 2019, in Toronto. For more information on the international conference and its theme “*Media Ethics: Human Ecology in a Connected World,*” visit http://mediaethics.ca.

Proposals should include an abstract (500 words max), technical requirements for presentation of the work, an estimated budget, a brief biography (200 words) and contact information. Please submit the material to Julia M. Hildebrand (*(julia.m.hildebrand /at/ drexel.edu) <mailto:(julia.m.hildebrand /at/ drexel.edu)>)* and Barry Vacker (*(bvacker /at/ temple.edu) <mailto:(bvacker /at/ temple.edu)>)* by December 1, 2018.