[ecrea] New Associate Prof in Digital Media arts at UCL

Wed Sep 12 13:49:28 GMT 2018

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?amNvZGU9MTc1MjA2NSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJmpvYl9yZWZfY29kZT0xNzUyMDY1JnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQ&jcode=1752065&vt_template=965&owner=5041178&ownertype=fair&brand_id=0&job_ref_code=1752065&posting_code=224

Associate Professor in Digital Media Arts, - Ref:1752065

UCL Department / Division
UCL Institute of Education
Specific unit / Sub department
Department of Culture, Communication and Media
Location of position
London
Grade
9
Hours
Full Time
Salary
(inclusive of London allowance)
£56,266 - £61,181 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities

The UCL Institute of Education (IOE) is a world-leading centre for research and teaching in social science and education, ranked number one for education worldwide in the most recent (2018) QS World University Rankings for the fifth year in a row. The Department of Culture, Communication and Media (CCM) is committed to excellence in teaching and research across multidisciplinary programmes that incorporate language and communication, art, design and museology, and music. The post will be based in the UCL Knowledge Lab, a leading interdisciplinary research centre on digital research and design in education; and in the Centre for Digital, Arts, Research, Education (DARE).

The key duties of the post will be to play a leading role in the design and development of the curriculum of the established, successful MA Digital Media, Culture and Education teaching programme, with particular reference to a new route in digital production in games and animation; and to lead on the development of a new BA Media programme for UCL. In addition, the postholder will teach on the MA Digital Media, and work collaboratively to further develop the CCM and UCL Knowledge Lab research culture and profile, with input into the DARE collaborative.

The post is available from 01 January 2019 and is open ended.
Key Requirements

Applicants should have a doctorate in digital media arts or similar fields; expertise in production work in either digital games or 3D animation; experience of teaching, course design and leadership at BA and MA levels in these areas; and an excellent track record of funded research and international publication.

Experience of working in the media industries or research collaborations with media industry partners is desirable.
Further Details

A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page.

To apply for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply Now' button below.

For further details about this post please email Professor Andrew Burn ((a.burn /at/ ucl.ac.uk)). We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority, as they are under-represented within UCL at this level. We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
Closing Date
Latest time for the submission of applications
23:59
Interview date
TBC
Our department is working towards an Athena SWAN award. We are committed to advancing gender equality within our department. This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Academic Staff.

Please use these links to find out more about the UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.