[ecrea] Vacancies: Project Communication Coordinator and Project Administration Support

Wed Apr 11 22:18:27 GMT 2018

Our Science Communication department is looking for new colleagues to (i) coordinate the project communication of an international research project, and (ii) to support the administratration in this project.

The first vacancy (http://bit.ly/SCR-18-3) is in the highest pay-scheme for researchers at German universities. For this particular position, pactical experience in public communication of science is at least as important as research expertise. A PhD is therefore not required. Excellent English language skills are also necessary because you would be expected to contribute to our 3-year Science Communication degree programme. Our inquiry-driven and research-led approach to teaching means that all of our students have the opportunity to be involved in our research. N.B. that our International University does not require any knowledge of German. It is perfectly sufficient to send your application via email first ((recruitment /at/ hsrw.eu)); you can always send your paperwork at a later point if invited to an interview. In German academia, scholars usually apply with a detailed motivation letter and a cv (normally including a portrait pic); some applicants add links / references about their previous work.

The second vacancy (http://bit.ly/SCR-18-4) offers a 50% position that is not quite as well paid, although still better than most administrative staff in a university. While English is still important for this position, we are ideally looking for a colleague who is fluent in German.

Both positions start with a ca 1-year contract (until 31st August 2019), yet there is of course the possibility to stay longer with us, then on different tasks / projects.

The application deadline for both vacancies is 24th April 2018.

Rhine-Waal is Germany's first fully international university. All of the degree programmes in our faculty are in English, and 80% of our students are international. This diversity also guides our approach in research and teaching: being comparative about the different systems of science, media, policy, etc. Our campus is located in the heart of Europe, right on the border between The Netherlands and Germany, half-way between Amsterdam and Cologne, or Brussels and Munster, at the foot of Cleves castle.