[ecrea] cfp - Oxford Internet Institute Conference. Connected Life 2018: Information Control

Thu Jan 25 10:01:31 GMT 2018

Deadline: 28 Feb 2018

If you have any questions please email: (connectedlife /at/ oii.ox.ac.uk)

*****
Connected Life 2018 is a student-run day-long conference aimed at sparking
multidisciplinary conversations and showcasing emerging Internet research.
We welcome students and faculty from all departments, including (but not
limited to) business, policy, computer science, economics, education,
history, international relations, law, linguistics, literature, media and
communication, medicine, philosophy, politics, psychology, and sociology.
Like last year’s conference, Connected Life 2018, organised by students at
the Oxford Internet Institute, will foster collaborations within and beyond
Oxford in pursuit of an enhanced understanding of the Internet and its
multifaceted effects on society.

We welcome the submission of proposals of empirical, theoretical,
qualitative or quantitative nature for presentations by individual authors
or multiple contributors. Proposals that address our key theme are
particularly encouraged. Topics of interest include (but are not limited
to):

Computational Propaganda
Digital Sovereignty
Cyberwarfare
Automation of information processing
Digital Divides
Information Ethics
Politics of Search
Reputational Risk
Attention Economy
Information Governance and Policy
Digital Humanities
Cybersecurity and Censorship
Science and Technology Communication
News Production & Consumption in the Internet era
Bias and Machine Learning
Algorithmic Filtering
Urban Informatics
History of the Internet

The above categories are intended only to provide a general direction for
what can be discussed. We welcome submissions on any research topic related
to the Internet; if you have questions about this, please contact a member
of the organising team.

Submissions for oral presentations should be in the form of an abstract of
400-600 words. Please submit by Wednesday 28 February 2018.

Authors not accepted for participation will be given the opportunity to
turn their abstracts into blog posts that will be published on this website
ahead of the conference.

________________________________

Guidelines for abstract submission:

Abstracts and blog posts must be submitted as a Word document in .doc
format or as a PDF, and contain the name(s) of the author(s).
All submitted work must be unique and written in English.
Submissions will be blind peer-reviewed by a committee of students and
faculty from the Oxford Internet Institute. Notification of acceptances
will be communicated by 2 April 2018.
All authors with accepted abstracts will be invited to submit an extended
version of their paper for the conference proceedings before May 28th, 2018

Registration will open in early April.

We look forward to receiving and reviewing your submissions! If you have
any questions, don’t hesitate to email us at (connectedlife /at/ oii.ox.ac.uk).

http://connectedlife.oii.ox.ac.uk/call-for-papers/