[ecrea] The American New Wave - A Retrospective

Thu Jun 01 17:45:48 GMT 2017

*Registration still open until June 27!*

**

*The American New Wave: A Retrospective*

*Bangor University
4-6 July 2017*

**

*Sponsored by the British Association for American Studies and US Embassy*

**

*Keynote speakers*

Professor Robert Kolker (University of Maryland)

Professor I.Q. Hunter (De Montfort University)

Professor Linda Ruth Williams (University of Southampton)

Peter Krämer (University of East Anglia)

*Please register by visiting http://americannewwave.bangor.ac.uk/register/php.en, complete the form and visit the online shop to make your choices.*

**

A draft programme for the conference is available here: http://americannewwave.bangor.ac.uk/programme.php.en.

You can reserve accommodation in the university’s halls of residence here: http://americannewwave.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation.php.en

Other options are available, such as the university’s Management Centre (https://www.bangor.ac.uk/management_centre/), or hotels and guesthouses in the local area (www.visitwales.com <http://www.visitwales.com/>).

*_There are still places available at the conference buffet meal on July 4_, so book this as soon as you can through the online shop.*

**

*Registration is £150.00 for full-time faculty, and £75.00 for postgraduates and colleagues on part-time contracts.*

**

If you are a postgraduate, *_we have a further 6 bursaries available to assist with registration costs_ *thanks to sponsorship from the British Association for American Studies. *Please email (g.frame /at/ bangor.ac.uk) <mailto:(g.frame /at/ bangor.ac.uk)> as soon as you can* with the following information: your name and place of study, the (provisional) title of your PhD, or of your Masters course, and a short, one paragraph, summary of how attending the conference would help your studies.

A series of films will be shown in Pontio, Bangor’s Arts Centre, during the conference – /Bonnie and Clyde /(4 July, 5:30pm), /2001: A Space Odyssey /(5 July, 5:30pm) and /Apocalypse Now /(6 July, 8:30pm). *_Tickets for these will be available to conference delegates at a discounted rate_.* Please see www.pontio.co.uk <http://www.pontio.co.uk/> for details.

We look forward to seeing you in Bangor next month!

Dr Gregory Frame
Lecturer in Film Studies
School of Creative Studies and Media

Bangor University