[ecrea] Self-(Re)Presentation Now Special Issue of Popular Communication

Wed Apr 19 03:48:58 GMT 2017

I am delighted to announce the publication of Self - (Re)Presentation Now, a special issue of

Popular Communication: The International Journal of Media and Culture. 15(2), guest editor, Nancy Thumim.

Contents below.

Best wishes

Nancy

Introduction

Self-(re)presentation now

Nancy Thumim

Pages: 55-61

Article

Verified: Self-presentation, identity management, and selfhood in the age of big data

Alison Hearn

Pages: 62-77

Article

Symbolic bordering: The self-representation of migrants and refugees in digital news

Lilie Chouliaraki

Pages: 78-94

Article

Expecting penises in Chatroulette: Race, gender, and sexuality in anonymous online spaces

Jenny Ungbha Korn

Pages: 95-109

Article

“Sharenting,” parent blogging, and the boundaries of the digital self

Alicia Blum-Ross & Sonia Livingstone

Pages: 110-125

Article

“I will not hate myself because you cannot accept me”: Problematizing empowerment and gender-diverse selfies

Son Vivienne

Pages: 126-140

Article

Sick bunnies and pocket dumps: “Not-selfies” and the genre of self-representation

Katrin Tiidenberg & Andrew Whelan

Pages: 141-153