Archive for October 2015

[ecrea] Australian Screen Production Conference

Fri Oct 02 04:02:50 GMT 2015

On behalf of ASPERA, please find below details of the 2016 conference,
to be held in Canberra in July. Please also note the publication
opportunity, which might be especially appealing to research degree
candidates. Please come and join us for what is always a lively event!

*
*

*ASPERA CONFERENCE 2016 – THE BIG QUESTIONS*

*University of Canberra, 5 - 7 July 2016*

**

The Australian Screen Production Education and Research Association
(ASPERA) July 2016 Conference in Canberra will be looking at the Big
Questions that are exciting researchers and educators in Screen Production.

The conference convenors invite papers, panels and topics forroundtable
discussion, interactive workshops and micro talks (5 minute
presentations) that address the following theme (with other ideas also
being considered):

*Screen Production research: what are the big questions?*

Whilst we can view screen production as a research tool and screen
products and audiences as objects to be researched/, /we would like, for
the moment, to focus on screen production as the *subject of research*
and in terms of research-led teaching, a *field of educational enquiry. *

**

If we consider that screen production starts with development and ends
with delivery, what questions and projects do we have that are designed
to investigate that process and deliver new knowledge and understandings
of Screen Production? In thinking about these questions and projects we
may approach them through engaging in screen production or investigating
screen production from the position of a screen producer. We may also
consider what, why and how we teach screen production in a research-led
learning environment.

Possible broad topics addressing the theme include:

·Development: structure, theme and process

·The creative moment in screen production

·The role of questions in screen production

·The creative screen practitioner as observer

·Screen Production for the academy

·New production tools that lead to new production practices

·Teaching and learning with new tools and new methods

·Student expectation in tertiary screen production

There will be opportunity for peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed
papers, and participants are also encouraged toput forward proposals for
exhibits, practical workshopsor demonstrations. We look forward to
talking to you about your requirements.

*Important Deadlines*

All abstracts (250-300 words) for peer and non-peer reviewed papers, and
an author bio of a 50 words, to be submitted by Friday 26th February 2016.

All successful submissions will be notified by Monday 11th March 2016.

*Refereed conference proceedings*

We will be publishing fully refereed conference proceedings via the
ASPERA website. If you would like the opportunity to have your paper
(4000 - 5000 words) published, then you will need to send a full draft
for double blind peer review by the Friday 29^th April 2016. Final
papers will then be due shortly after the conference, to be published
before the end of 2016.

Please make it very clear in your e-mail if you are submitting a full
paper for peer review. We will not be able to offer this opportunity to
papers that are submitted closer to and after the conference.
Postgraduate student submissionsare strongly encouraged.

**

*Proposals and enquiresshould be submitted to*(aspera2016 /at/ gmail.com)
<mailto:(aspera2016 /at/ gmail.com)>

--
Associate Professor Craig Batty
Creative Practice Research Leader

RMIT University
9.4.16 (City Campus), GPO Box 2476, Melbourne, VIC 3001
Tel: (+61) 3 99252456

​Chair, Research Sub-Committee
Australian Screen Production Education and Research Association
http://aspera.org.au/research/