[ecrea] housekeeping - mailing list archive open - see commlist.org

Thu Oct 23 09:41:42 GMT 2014

Dear members of the ECREA mailing list,

The archive still has its old time-based categories, so that you can select messages from particular months and years. Some basic content-related categories (jobs, calls & publications) have now been added. We're using a very basic keyword recognition system, so the categorisations might not be perfect, but they will still help you to navigate through the archive.

Moreover, the entire archive has now become searchable. We used the google engine for this, which implies that the (very) recent postings might not be included in the search results. But again, I believe that adding the search function will make things easier for you.

And for those of you that want to make a posting: please check the archive first, before sending in a request for posting. Also keep in mind that there is a limit of two postings per event. The guidelines for posting can be found here: http://commlist.org/guidelines.html

Finally, a few days ago, the list welcomed its 6000th member. It's great to see so many people interested in Media and Communication Studies ;)

Kind regards,
Nico

Nico Carpentier
Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
T: + 32 (0)2-629.24.45
F: + 32 (0)2-629.36.84
Office: 5B.401
New book:
Media Practice and Everyday Agency in Europe
Edited by Leif Kramp, Nico Carpentier, Andreas Hepp, Ilija Tomanic' Trivundža, Hannu Nieminen, Risto Kunelius, Tobias Olsson, Ebba Sundin, Richard Kilborn
http://www.editionlumiere.de/kramp-et-al.html
https://www.facebook.com/mediapracticeandeverydayagencyineurope
New book:
The Social Construction of Death. Interdisciplinary Perspectives
Edited by Leen Van Brussel, Nico Carpentier
http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/the-social-construction-of-death-leen-van-brussel/?k=9781137391902
European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School
http://www.comsummerschool.org/