[ecrea] Psychoanalysis in Our Time - Copenhagen 14/15/16th March 2014

Sun Feb 02 08:55:47 GMT 2014

REPRESENTING the UN-REPRESENTABLE – Copenhagen 14/15/16th March 2014

Our programme for the first symposium for Psychoanalysis in Our Time, a
new 3 year trans-disciplinary research cycle at the NSU
www.nsuweb.net<http://www.nsuweb.net/>.is ready. Please consult our
website to see that it is promising to be an exciting transdisciplinary
meeting, with participants arriving from the UK, the United States,
Turkey, Italy, Israel, France, Poland, Greece, Slovenia and Scandinavian
countries : http://psychoanalysisinourtime.wordpress.com/.
Psychoanalysis in Our Time is an international research initiative
funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers. Thre will be a Special
Jounral Issue out of this meeting or a book.

The colloquium aims at creating a space for a dialogue between film
scholars and filmmakers, clinicians, literary academics as well as
practitioners of different fields with the aim of investigating and
elaborating ways psychoanalytic thinking can assist in our research,
practice and living. Our ambition is to be rigorous and outrageous,
scholarly and radical.

The programme as you can see is very full and we are now inviting
participants who would like to join us without giving a paper, in order
be a part of a lively debate and perhaps consider coming to Iceland in
the summer. The idea is that it is a small symposium, not a conference
but we have decided to open this to a small number of non presenters.

The registration fee is £145 (£75 for full time students) to include
two excellent meals with wine, all tea and coffee and biscuits and light
lunch. We will also be offering a small travel reimbursement to those
who need it.

If you are interested, please email me on
(Agnieszka.Piotrowska /at/ beds.ac.uk) as soon as possible.

Kindest regards

Dr. Agnieszka Piotrowska

Reader in Film Practice and Theory

Course Leader MA/MSc Digital Film