Archive for October 2013

[ecrea] Doctoral scholarships

Tue Oct 22 23:54:50 GMT 2013

The Hong Kong University Grants Commission (UGC) has announced the annual call for applications for a range of extremely generous doctoral scholarship. You can find the details here: http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/hkpfs/fellowship/#process. I should be grateful if you could draw this opportunity to the attention of students wishing to pursue a higher degree. The UGC is very keen to internationalise the Hong Kong research community, and applications from non-Chinese students are encouraged. The scholarships cover all fields of scholarly research, including every aspect of media and communication.

Hong Kong is an excellent place to study media and communication. Not only is it a vibrant, cosmopolitan city but it has excellent, and well-supported, universities. There are several very strong media and communication departments in different universities, each with its own particular strengths. My own university, Hong Kong Baptist University, is particularly strong in journalism, film and television, advertising, health communication and new media. Research students have the opportunity to follow courses given by lecturers in the other doctoral programmes in Hong Kong, so it is possible to build up an exceptionally broad knowledge of current issues in media and communication.

If you, or any of your students, are interested in learning more about the opportunities here at HKBU, please contact me by email ((sparksc /at/ hkbu.edu.hk)). The closing date is 2 December 2014.

Best wishes

Colin Sparks

School of Communication

Hong Kong Baptist University