Archive for April 2012

[ecrea] Story Of Books

Thu Apr 12 21:25:09 GMT 2012

Story Of Books.com is looking for leads or news on the latest or ongoing
research and development relating to book technology - digital and also
non-digital. We also want to highlight events related to books and ebooks.
We are looking to announce these in two sections: "A Week In Book News" as
part of our news roundup, and "Five Minutes With".

Story Of Books began life as the Twitter hashtag used to promote the London
Design Festival 2011 event, "Whatever is to become of books?", organised by
alumna and current students of Digital Anthropology, University College
London.

We are now to continue the project beyond the London Design Festival,
working on partnerships with other academic institutions, NGOs, publishers,
and device and software/app makers with the aim of discovering more about
ebook or book development - including design - especially non-proprietary
or open source solutions.

Please visit our website atwww.storyofbooks.com  for more details, or email
me.

A WEEK IN BOOK NEWS (05/04/2012)
http://storyofbooks.com/2012/04/05/a-week-in-book-news-05042012/

FIVE MINUTES WITH: Marcus Gilroy-Ware, creator, Smartest open source
publishing platform
http://storyofbooks.com/2012/04/12/five-minutes-with-marcus-gilroy-ware-creator-smartest-and-visiting-lecturer/

FIVE MINUTES WITH: Pete Masters, carpenter and web editor, MSF UK
http://storyofbooks.com/2012/03/31/five-minutes-with-pete-masters-carpenter-and-web-editor-msf-uk/

Thank you.

--
Salina Christmas

Follow Story of Books<http://storyofbooks.com/>  at London Design Festival
2012*
*Partner of London Design Festival<http://www.sojournposse.com/?page_id=2600>.
Listed as one of the top 70 multimedia
outfits<http://www.innovativeinteractivity.com/2010/08/23/70-multimedia-companies/>
in
the US and Europe for creative inspiration by Innovative Interactivity in
2010. Participant of Nissan Design Europe’s “East Meets West” interactive
show, London Design Festival 2009. Guest speaker Digital Storytelling
2010<http://digitalstorytelling10.eventbrite.com/>  at
London South Bank University, for Not On The Wires/BBC College of
Journalism.