Archive for March 2012

[ecrea] new research pieces on stereoscopicmedia.org

Sun Mar 18 08:18:01 GMT 2012

I am pleased to announce that we have two new research provocations available at www.stereoscopicmedia.org. <http://www.stereoscopicmedia.org/>

The first is ‘A Spatial Web: The third dimension in Lev Kuleshov’s theory of montage’ by film historian Ray Zone. The second is ‘3D Documentary: This Time it’s Really Real’! by Bella Honess Roe of the University of Surrey. As always, we welcome comments and discussion on these pieces.

In other news, academic interest in 3D media appears to be strengthening as evidenced by the large number of papers on 3D at SCMS conference in Boston next week and the research strand at the 3D Storytelling Conference in London. Contributors to stereoscopicmedia.org <http://stereoscopicmedia.org> are presenting work at both these events and further details can be found in the news section of the website.

We welcome further contributions and if you are interested in participating in any way, please get in touch via the contacts section of the website.

Best wishes

Miriam Ross and Leon Gurevitch

--
http://vuw.academia.edu/MiriamRoss