Archive for March 2011

[ecrea] Call for papers medias011

Fri Mar 04 19:11:23 GMT 2011

Call for Papers

Conference Medias 011 ? Paul Cezanne University ? Aix en Provence - France
'Is there a Wealth of Networks?
2011-december 8 and 9
www.medias011.univ-cezanne.fr
After conference Media 09 (held in December 2009) devoted to mobility and communities, Media 011 conference offers an interdisciplinary academic focus on networks. Networks are now at the heart of our modes of communication. More importantly, they are transforming our societies. Their importance and centrality involve questioning the reality of networks: 'Is there a Wealth of Networks? "Behind their brilliance and dominance, what is it really? The term 'network' is used here in two senses: the original of the networking of individuals via the Internet and the more recent meaning of social networks. The first definition leads us to ask about the role played by networks in the evolution of society as in the approach of Yochai Benkler in his book 'The Wealth of Network'....To read more: www.medias011.univ-cezanne.fr

Pr. Dominique AUGEY
Université Paul Cézanne
Vice-Présidente déléguée aux Relations Internationales
+33 (0)4 42 17 14 20
www.international.univ-cezanne.fr
www.univ-cezanne.fr