Archive for January 2011

[ecrea] International Conference on Media and Culture in Small Nations

Mon Jan 17 23:09:55 GMT 2011

International Conference on Media and Culture in Small Nations - CALL FOR PAPERS

Cyfrwng/Media Wales Conference 2011

Hosted by:

The Centre for the Study of Media and Culture in Small Nations, Atrium, Cardiff School of Creative and Cultural Industries, University of Glamorgan.

Conference dates June 16-17 2011

Deadline for Proposals: January 31 2011

Cyfrwng is currently seeking presentations for its annual conference to be held at the Cardiff School of Creative and Cultural Industries, University of Glamorgan in Cardiff, Wales. We are seeking submissions from academics, arts and media practitioners, and policy makers in the following fields of study: Film, Television, Radio, Journalism, New Media, Music and Theatre and Performance.

Cyfrwng 2011 aims to take an international perspective and examine a range of perspectives on Media and Culture in Small Nations. Proposals for papers, panels, workshops, screenings and performances discussing any aspect of the conference theme are welcomed, including, but not limited to:

   * International perspectives on the media and culture of small nations

   * Media, culture, small nations, and the post-colonial environment

   * Media and culture in sub-national territories

   * Race, class & national cultures in small nations

   * Welsh media and culture in an international context

   * Small nations and territories:  the meaning of national culture today

   * Artists working in small nations

* Historical, theoretical, analytical, practical or policy-based perspectives on any of the above.

We invite those engaged in intellectual work within existing institutions, such as universities, but also those engaged in the arts and media professionally to share their ongoing work.

Papers should be no more than 20 minutes in length, but we will consider other timescales for short performances, screenings etc. We would also consider proposals for small-scale exhibitions. Proposals for complete panels will also be welcome. Please send proposals of around 300 words (for individual papers) together with a short biography to the following address: <mailto:(sblandfo /at/ glam.ac.uk)>(sblandfo /at/ glam.ac.uk)

For more information on Cyfrwng ? Media Wales Journal please refer to the website: <http://www.cyfrwng.com/>http://www.cyfrwng.com/

For more information on the conference hosts ? The Centre for the Study of Media and Culture in Small Nations at the University of Glamorgan please go to: <http://culture.research.glam.ac.uk/>http://culture.research.glam.ac.uk/

We look forward to hearing from you, organizing with you and, of course, learning from you!