Archive for January 2011

[ecrea] 4th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education (VWBPE)

Fri Jan 14 22:57:37 GMT 2011

4th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education (VWBPE) Conference
March 17-19, 2011
http://www.vwbpe.org

Whether your virtual adventures take you to Second Life, OpenSim, World =
of
Warcraft, Eve Online or Club Penguin - you are part of a global
interconnected network. It=92s about people. It's about community. =
It=92s about
learning. It's more than a platform =96 it=92s the stories we tell and =
the way
we share them.=A0 The divide between what is real and what is virtual is =
state of mind. We learn everywhere and you are already here.

Here is where we find the great successes and even failures.
Here is where we expand our borders.
Here is where we touch what is important to those we teach.
Here is where we learn and live and play.

The Virtual Worlds Best Practice in Education (VWBPE) conference is a =
free,
community-based event that provides participants with the opportunity to
share their current 3D virtual teaching, learning, and research =
practices
over three information packed days.=A0 The conference will be conducted
entirely in Second Life however we encourage presentations on topics =
that
span the metaverse.=A0 The VWBPE is the largest global event of its =
kind; in
2010 more than 2,700 attendees were inspired by the 170+ presentations,
posters, and workshops.=A0 This year=92s conference will continue the =
tradition
of providing a forum for quality presentations that focus on
teaching/learning, scholarly work, projects, events, activities and new =
and
innovative tools that showcase best practices in education designed for =
3D
virtual world technology. A special invitation is extended for =
participation
in our new Machinima stream.=20

So tell us how you learn and teach. Tell us your stories of what works =
well
and what can be done better. Where does learning happen for you?=A0 Who =
do you
teach? How to you engage learners? Why is learning within the virtual
important to you? What is the key learning you want to share with =
others?

You are already here - so come be part of the discussion.

Important Dates:
Submission deadline - Paper presentation and workshops - 23:59 PST =
Monday,
January 31, 2011 Machinima - February 15, 2011=A0=A0=20
Conference - March 17 =96 19, 2011=20

For more information or to submit a proposal: http://conf.vwbpe.org

I hope to see you there!
Cheers