Archive for January 2011

[ecrea] IPCC 2011

Wed Jan 05 08:21:32 GMT 2011

Are you in a panic because your New Year's Resolution was "Submit an
abstract to IPCC 2011" and you're now concerned about meeting the
deadline? Good news: thanks to popular demand, we've extended the
deadline to January 10, so you have the weekend to polish up that
abstract and keep your resolution.

The conference theme is "Communicating Sustainability" and we invite
proposals for papers, panels, and workshops that address the
relationship between sustainability and communication. Communication
plays a key role in helping us conceptualize, analyze, and solve the
environmental challenges of the 21st century. As human beings grapple
with environmental change, we rely on effective written, oral, and
visual communication to understand concepts as wide-ranging as
product life cycles, ecosystems, climate change, sustainability
standards, national and international programs and regulations,
alternative energy sources, and related issues.

The full call for papers is available at

http://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pcs/index.php?q=node/1775

Please let me know if you have any questions. We'd love to see you in
Cincinnati in October.

Best,
Marie
Program Chair, IPCC 2011

Dr. Marie C. Paretti, Assoc. Prof., Dept. of Engineering Education
Director, MSE/ESM Engineering Communications Program
(http://www.vtecc.eng.vt.edu/ecp/)
Co-Director, Virginia Tech Engineering Communications Center
(http://www.vtecc.eng.vt.edu)
Office: 14 Holden Hall; 608 McBryde Hall
Phone: 540-231-1812
Email: mailto:(mparetti /at/ vt.edu)
Web Site: http://www.enge.vt.edu/paretti
Mailing Address: Engineering Education (0218), 660 McBryde Hall,
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061