Archive for October 2010

[ecrea] CFP -- "ePolitics in a Global Context" track -- GITMA conference, Las Vegas -- November 15 , 2010

Sun Oct 03 11:10:36 GMT 2010

>Dear members of IJEP editorial board,
>

>Here is the call for papers for the special
>track on ePolitics at the GITM conference.
>Pierlugi Rippa, who is a member of the editorial
>board of IJEP and I will be chairing the track
>and will welcome your submissions to the track. All the best. Celia
>

>GITMA 2011 Call for Participation
>
>The Twelfth Annual Global Information
>
>Technology Management Association
>
>GITMA WORLD CONFERENCE 2011
>
>Las Vegas, USA (<http://www.gitma.org/>http://www.gitma.org)
>
>Conference Date: June 5 - 7, 2011
>

>SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15, 2010
>
>Please visit our web site
>(<http://www.gitma.org/>www.gitma.org) to submit
>your paper or panel/workshop proposal.
>

>This conference provides a unique opportunity to
>all IT educators, researchers, and
>
>practitioners from all countries to get together
>to network, develop lasting relationships,
>
>and exchange ideas. The clear strength is the
>international participation and the following
>
>people should attend:
>

>§  Educators, researchers, and practitioners
>from North America (including US, Mexico,
>
>and Canada
>
>§  Educators, researchers, and practitioners
>from all other parts of the world, including
>
>developed, developing, and under-developed nations.
>
>§  Educators, researchers, and practitioners
>doing work in all areas of Global IT Management
>

>Contributions are invited for the track on:
>

>ePolitics in a Global Context
>

>The ePolitics in a Global Context track is
>inviting papers on ePolitics in various contexts
>and environments. E-Politcs is defined as
>influence attempts facilitated by or related to
>electronic media or to the information
>technology field. As such, ePolitics is seen as
>an interdisciplinary field, encompassing areas
>such as information systems, political science,
>social science, security, ethics, law, management and others.
>

>RECOMMENDED TOPICS:
>

>Topics to be included in the track are:
>

>The politics of the IT function and its role in organizations
>    * The political activities of members of the
> IT function vis-à-vis the rest of the organization
>    * Changes in the power of the IT unit as a
> function of the diffusion of new technologies
>    * The strategies used by members of the IT unit to influence others
>    * The impact of global issues such as
> outsourcing, downsizing, political upheavals,
> etc. on the political role played by the IT unit within organizations.
>

>The politics of virtual communities
>    * The use of electronic media for industrial
> relations and negotiations with employers
>    * The use of electronic media for
> surveillance manipulation and harassment in
> commercial and non-commercial environments
>    * The impact of status and authority on
> electronically enabled political maneuvering by
> management and the effects of culture, race,
> and gender on political activities within and between organizations.
>    * The political dynamics of geographically
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885