Archive for October 2010

[ecrea] II International Conference on Intercultural Studies - First Anno uncement and Call for Papers

Sat Oct 02 08:41:11 GMT 2010

>II International Conference on Intercultural Studies
>ISCAP, 25 - 27 May 2011
>
>Organized by the
>Centre for Intercultural Studies (CEI)
>http://www.iscap.ipp.pt/~cei
>
>Instituto Superior de Contabilidade e Administração do Porto (ISCAP) ­ Office
>333
>Rua Jaime Lopes Amorim
>4465-004 S. Mamede Infesta, PORTUGAL
>Telf. + 351 229050037
>Fax. + 351 229025899
>E-mail: (cei /at/ iscap.ipp.pt)
>
>Conference Coordinator:
>Clara Sarmento ((clara.sarmento /at/ iol.pt))
>
>Scientific Committee:
>Research team of the Centre for Intercultural Studies (CEI)
>
>Conference Announcement and Call for Papers
>
>Following the success of the I International Conference on Intercultural
>Studies (http://www.iscap.ipp.pt/~cei/congresso.htm), in December 2008, when
>more than one hundred delegates  from all over the world gathered at the
>Polytechnic Institute of Oportos ISCAP, the Centre for Intercultural Studies
>(CEI) is proud to announce the II International Conference on Intercultural
>Studies, to be held between 25 and 27 May 2011, at ISCAP.
>
>We welcome the submission of 20 minute paper
>proposals in Portuguese, English,
>French, German or Spanish, until 15 December 2010, to the address
>(cei /at/ iscap.ipp.pt). Submissions MUST contain the following information:
>·       Title;
>·       Thematic Section;
>·       Abstract (250 words);
>·       Bionote (100 words).
>
>Paper proposals should be included in one of the following Thematic Sections:
>
>1.      Intercultural Representations of Gender
>2.      Travel Narratives by/about Women
>3.      Cultural Tourism / Touring Cultures
>4.      Intercultural Communication
>5.      Theoretical Definitions of Culture
>6.      Teachers and Learners Narratives across Cultures
>7.      Representations of Portugal in Non-Portuguese Fiction
>8.      Comparative Law across Cultures
>9.      Translation and Ideology
>10.     Intercultural Strategies in the Teaching of Translation
>11.     Life-Stories between East and West
>12.     Narratives by Women in Times of War
>13.     Everyday Lives across Cultures
>14.     Representations of Gender in the Press and the Mass Media
>15.     Cross-Cultural Issues in E and B-Learning
>16.     Intercultural Tourism
>17.     The Philosophy of the Intercultural
>
>Papers that are accepted and actually read at the Conference may be selected
>and considered for national and international publication.
>
>Delegates will receive certificates of attendance or certificates of active
>participation with paper.
>
>Registration:
>
>Registration opens: 1 January 2011
>Registration closes for delegates WITH paper: 1 May 2011
>
>Registration and attendance is free for the teachers and students of the
>Polytechnic Institute of Oporto (valid certificate is required).

> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885