[ecrea] media and communication masters in Izmir, Turkey

Wed Dec 09 09:51:35 GMT 2009

MEDIA & COMMUNICATION MASTERS IN IZMIR, TURKEY

We are announcing a new Master?s Degree Program with thesis in
Media and Communication Studies at the Faculty of Communication,
Ýzmir University of Economics. The program is interdisciplinary and
theoretical in nature; it includes courses in political science, gender
studies, film studies, cultural studies and post-colonial studies. It is
designed to provide students an advanced level of media literacy as
well as a critical perspective on media studies.

Applications for the spring semester of the 2009-2010
academic year will be open between December 15, 2009, and January
11, 2010.

There will be a general presentation of all the graduate
programs on January 6, 2010, on the campus grounds.

COURSES OFFERED

1. SEMESTER
-Research Methods in Communication Studies I
-New Communication Paradigms
-Media Power and Politics in Turkey
-Elective Course
-Orientation Seminar*

2. SEMESTER
-Research Methods in Communication Studies II
-Elective Course
-Elective Course
-Seminar

3. SEMESTER
Thesis

ELECTIVE COURSES
- Contemporary Issues in Turkish Politics and the Media
- Selective Readings in Cultural and Communication Studies
- Media, Ideology and Representation
- Space, Identity and the Media
- Gender, Media and Politics
- Globalization, Communication and the New Media Order
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Media
- Film and Visual Theory
- Film Analysis and Criticism
- Contemporary World Cinema
- Special Topics in PR
- Selected Issues in Integrated Marketing Communication

* Only for students who are not graduates of communications faculties. The
course evaluation will be satisfactory (S) or unsatisfactory (US)

Izmir University of Economics is a member of EUA (European Universities
Association), the Community of Mediterranean Universities (CMU), and
possessor of an Extended Erasmus University Charter.

The medium of instruction in all disciplines is English

Izmir University of Economics Faculty of Communication website
http://comm.ieu.edu.tr/

The Department of Media and Communication at Izmir University of Economics
was established in 2003 and is part of the Faculty of Communication. With
17 teaching staff and eight research assistants our Faculty is currently
teaching in both undergraduate and masters levels. For further details
regarding our Department and the courses we offer please visit our website
at: http://comm.ieu.edu.tr/Eng/media_comm/medya_index.html

FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE MASTERS PROGRAM PLEASE CONTACT
Gamze Çelek
T 0232 488 81 38
@ (gamze.celek /at/ ieu.edu.tr)
W comm.ieu.edu.tr