[ecrea] CST online

Thu Nov 05 17:05:29 GMT 2009

I would like to draw your attention to a new TV Reflection just posted. We are lucky enough to have a contribution by Barbara Villez who is professor of legal language and culture at the Universit de Paris 8. She provides a fascinating study of the French made-for-TV film Rendez-moi Justice (Maha Productions 2007), as one of the more successful examples of hybrid drama-documentary making, and poses the question -

<http://criticalstudiesintelevision.com/index.php?siid=12623>Can docudrama/docufiction do justice to the legal system ?

We also have an updated list of calls for papers for conferences, journals and edited collections, plus our usual listings of postgraduate funding, academic vacancies and conferences, symposia, study days and events coming up in November.

As usual we welcome your contributions which should be emailed to me at (kimakass /at/ hotmail.com)
or (editors /at/ criticalstudiesintelevision.com).

We are particularly interested in short, polemic blasts, opinions on any TV related subject, as well as the more usual academic contributions.

With best wishes
Kim Akass
Research Fellow (TV Drama)
Dept of Contemporary Arts