[ecrea] ICA panel ?Regulating Content and Distribution in the European Union: Challenges and Opportunities?

Mon Nov 02 19:30:18 GMT 2009

POSSIBLE ICA PANEL ON THE COMMUNICATION LAW AND POLICY DIVISION

We are FONTA (Research on New Audiovisual Technologies, by its initials in Spanish) an audiovisual research group, acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and Science since 2004, based at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, in Spain. We are proposing a Panel for next ICA?s Conference in Singapore, on June 22-26, 2010, under the Communication Law and Policy Division, which we have called ?Regulating Content and Distribution in the European Union: Challenges and Opportunities?. In this respect, we would like to receive communication proposals by any academic/s or research group interested in participating.

The purpose of our Panel is to give a detailed overview on how European nations are reacting to the increasing need of the content regulation and law application to distribution and new media platforms. Therefore, in this case we would appreciate having communication proposals based on national overviews, in which a deep knowledge on new technologies applied in the country will be one of the most appreciated features.

We will also encourage the proposal of communications based on national-level research analysis having different methodologies and, if it is the case, new measuring ways of applying the study of new media platforms ? whether these correspond and are coherent to existing regulation in the country, which we would also need to be included in the communication proposal, or not.

We would welcome the participation of colleagues who wish to share the conclusions they have reached in research projects related to the subject of this panel.

Given the deadline for the presentation of our panel proposal, November 6, we kindly request that all interested academics / colleagues let us know of their interest no later than November 3 and 4. We will notify all Abstract authors by November 6 on the result of their submission. The names of the persons to contact for the submission of communication proposals are: Hipolito Vivar, FONTA Director, <mailto:(dp131 /at/ ucm.es)>(dp131 /at/ ucm.es), and FONTA researchers Alberto García, <mailto:(secre.acad.dp131 /at/ ucm.es)>(secre.acad.dp131 /at/ ucm.es) and panel coordinators Karen Arriaza Ibarra, <mailto:(arriazaibarra /at/ ccinf.ucm.es)>(arriazaibarra /at/ ccinf.ucm.es) .