[ecrea] Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines (CADAAD)

Sat Oct 24 11:38:35 GMT 2009

Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines (CADAAD)
13.09.10-15.09.10
University of Lódz, Poland

General theme: Ideology, identity and interaction

We are pleased to announce that the third international conference Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis across Disciplines will take place 13-15 September 2010.

The last two CADAAD conferences have attracted a wide geographical representation of researchers. In response to this, we have decided to move CADAAD outside of the UK. CADAAD 2010 will be hosted in central Europe, by the University of ?ód?, Poland. The conference aims to promote new directions in cross-disciplinary critical discourse research. We welcome contributions from all areas of critically applied linguistics. We especially encourage papers which assess the state of the art and explore new methodologies in critical discourse research oriented toward the general theme of /ideology, identity and interaction/. Possible areas of analysis include but are by no means limited to the following:

   * Identities in discourse
   * Political communication
   * Language in the news
   * Language in the new media
   * Discourse of advertising
   * Institutional discourse
   * Language and globalisation
   * Business communication
   * Scientific discourse
   * Health communication
   * Language and ecology

Institution: Organizers: Chris Hart and Piotr Cap

Participants: * Professor Paul Chilton (Lancaster University)
    * Professor Seana Coulson (University of California, San Diego)
    * Professor Anna Duszak (University of Warsaw)
    * Professor Bob Hodge (University of Western Sydney)
    * Professor Martin Reisigl (University of Vienna)

Email: (discourse /at/ cadaad.org)