[ecrea] New research - Generations and online media - comparative study

Tue Oct 20 14:48:19 GMT 2009

Dear all (sorry for cross-posting),

We are seeking for partners for an European study on generations and online media (2010).

For this research, we developed an exploratory study that found relevant differences between Portugal and UK and I thought that it might be interesting to develop it in a comparative basis, between southern and northern European countries.

Most of the theoretical framework is already developed and written. Me and my team in Portugal are able to keep on doing it. Later on, we would open it to other contributors in order to have more points of view and a comprehensive theoretical approach (to be done by the time we already have the study results, later in 2010).

We already found partners in Italy and UK and we are seeking for researchers from northern European countries.

For now, partner's contribution is quite simple: we need help to establish a respondents sample between 18 to 60 years old (taking in consideration the number of countries participating) and collect the responses.

We are working in a collaborative network developed in an open platform, exchanging and editing online documents for each step of the project.

For now, partners main task is to apply the online questionnaire for the country sample and to develop the results analysis. Also to participate in the theoretical framework evaluation with comments/ideas or complementary bibliography, and to develop a comparison between different countries and generations.

I'm available for more information and I can send the project's abstract to interested researchers.

Partners must be integrated in European universities or Research Centres, hold a PhD in Communication or related field and have relevant experience in project leadership. PhD students are welcome, but their supervisor's must be also be involved in this project.

If you find it interesting, please send us an email with a biographical note and information about your research in the area.

Thank you.
Best wishes, Paula Cordeiro

Professor/Researcher
PhD in Communication
Institute of Social and Political Science (ISCSP)
Technical University of Lisbon (UTL)
Personal Blog: <http://netfm.wordpress.com/>http://netfm.wordpress.com
Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/TwittingNetFM>http://www.twitter.com/TwittingNetFM