[ecrea] Development of Agenda-Setting Theory and Research. Between West and East

Fri Oct 09 21:36:00 GMT 2009

http://ptks.pl/index1.php?id=konf&lang=en

According to the PCA`s Statue conference activity is one of the main goal of the Polish Communication Association. This aim is mainly achieved by members participation in local and national conferences within every PCA research section, as well as by the PCA Congress, organizing every two years in different city in Poland.

The 1st Congress entitled: "Creating the Communication: Content, Control, Critique" took place September 15-17, 2008 in Wroclaw. The next similar event will be organized in Lublin in the year 2010.

Members of the Polish Communication Association are encouraged to participate in many national and international conferences in the field of media and communication. The list of upcoming events are available in this section.

International Conference
"Development of Agenda-Setting Theory and
Research. Between West and East"
22-24 November 2009
Wroclaw, Poland

Preliminary program is now available
Application form

Development of Agenda-Setting Theory and Research. Between West and East

Polish Communication Association, in cooperation with University of Wroclaw and University of Lower Silesia in Wroclaw, invites to the international conference "Development of Agenda-Setting Theory and Research. Between West and East", which will take place November 22-24, 2009 in Wroclaw:

22 November, 2009 Hotel Jana Pawla 2, ul. Sw. Idziego 3 (Ostrów Tumski)
23 November, 2009 Main Building of the University of Wroclaw, Pl. Uniwersytecki 1
24 November, 2009 Hotel Jana Pawla 2, ul. Sw. Idziego 3 (Ostrów Tumski)

The sessions in the Main Building of the University of Wroclaw (November 23, 2009 ) will be open for the public. We invite cordially all scholars, academics , students and other who are interested in agenda setting studies and research.

The lecture of professor Maxwell McCombs titled: "Setting the Agenda. Mass Media and Public Opinion" and promotion of his book will take place 23 November 2009 at 10.00 a.m. in the Main Building of the University of Wroclaw (free for the public)

Inspired by the Polish edition of Maxwell McCombs book "Setting the Agenda" we propose to implement the Agenda-Setting dimensions to the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, where this kind of research has not been present yet. The great opportunity to exchange experiences and cooperate in the future will appear together with the opportunity to meet Professor Maxwell McCombs, cofounder of agenda setting theory, who accepted our invitation. Professor Wayne Wanta will our guest too. With their helpful suggestions the following Conference Themes have been proposed:
New Developments in Agenda-Setting
Session on new developments in agenda-setting will show some new directions in the current way of research. We welcome presentations dedicated to the first or the second level of agenda - setting analysis, as well as research that looks at media affects beyond agenda-setting.
How Does Agenda-Setting Work in Europe?
This session is dedicated to the way of agenda-setting implementation. We ask scholars who are interested in making a contribution to show how the agenda-aetting dimensions are used in the research in different countries of Europe.
Media Agenda and Public Opinion
Session related to media agenda and public opinion is dedicated to analyze a potential power of mass media. We invite manuscripts presenting relations between the content of the media and its influence for the public opinion.
Political Agenda and Media Agenda
Panels on political agenda and media agenda will explore the relations between political agenda and the media content. We welcome issues related to the influences on the media agenda.
Internet Research and Agenda-Setting
The last theme is dedicated to the sector of new media and its research. This session concerns communication in online environments and methodological forms of empirical study in online venues.

More information about Wroclaw:
http://www.wroclaw.pl/ms/english/