[ecrea] new issue of +Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies+

Mon Jul 27 22:14:46 GMT 2009

Announcing a new issue of +Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies.+

http://liminalities.net/5-2/

Contents for Issue 5.2:

Excavating the Future: An Old Shanghai Miscellany
by Shiloh R. Krupar

Activism Based in Embarrassment: The Anti-Consumption Spirituality of
the Reverend Billy
by Carmen L. McClish

"My Personal Is Not Political?" A Dialogue on Art, Feminism and Pedagogy
by Irina Aristarkhova & Faith Wilding

Raging Against the Mass Schooling Machine: Performing Pedagogy Against
the Grain
by Andrew Miller

The Uneasy Student Body Performing Fat Suits
by Deborah Morrison Thomson

Making Camp: Rhetorics and Transgression in U.S. Popular Culture (by
Helene A. Shugart & Catherine Egeley Waggoner)
reviewed by Marjorie Hazeltine

American Aloha: Cultural Tourism and the Negotiation of Tradition (by
Heather A. Diamond)
reviewed by Cora Leighton

Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies is an open-access, peer- reviewed online publication that addresses three needs in performance
studies scholarship and practice: 1) expanding opportunities to share
peer-reviewed work, 2) creating a space for the publication of
multimedia texts and projects that are difficult or impossible to
publish in traditional print venues, and 3) international accessibility.

Liminalities publishes scholarship, aesthetic texts, and media
projects that explore, advance, challenge, and celebrate the study of
performance as a social, political, philosophical, and aesthetic
practice; as a methodology; and as a mode of critique. We welcome the
submission of projects addressing performance, the performative, and
performativity; performance scripts and aesthetic texts for
performance; reviews and criticism of performance work; works about
pedagogy and performance; and book reviews. We will consider any form
of performance work, and encourage both traditional work and that
which challenges the boundaries of performance. We welcome a wide
range of performance perspectives, practices, methodologies, contexts,
and sites. In addition to texts and images, we publish work in html,
mp3, Quicktime, and Flash formats. We currently publish three or four
issues per year.

For more information see: http://liminalities.net/edpolicy.htm
Send submissions or inquiries to Michael LeVan: (editor /at/ liminalities.net)