[ecrea] Counter Natures Symposium, Uppsala University, 20-22 November 2009

Wed Jul 22 05:28:29 GMT 2009

We would be grateful if you could inform colleagues and doctoral
candidates in your research networks of our upcoming symposium in
November 2009 at Uppsala University.

"Counter Natures" is a major interdisciplinary symposium featuring
papers by 30 researchers from 10 countries collectively representing
more than a dozen academic disciplines. The symposium seeks to
initiate a fruitful series of cross-disciplinary conversations that
may help to suggest renewed or innovative theorizations of nature, the
most abiding motif of art and literature and the most fundamental of
scientific and philosophical concepts.

Confirmed keynote speakers include Lawrence Buell (Harvard
University), Ursula Heise (Stanford University), David Nye (University
of Southern Denmark, Odense) and Sverker Sörlin (KTH: The Royal
Institute of Technology).

Here's a link to the official symposium website:

http://www.cemus.uu.se/counternature

Attached you will also find a jpeg file of the official poster (for
best results printing poster, please save the document to your desktop
as a "jpg" file, open the saved file and then print).

Thanks very much for helping us to publicize our event!

Sincerely,

Steven Hartman
Research Fellow in American Literature
Department of English