[ecrea] Environmental Communication: A Journal of Nature and Culture

Tue Apr 14 22:36:50 GMT 2009

Environmental Communication: A Journal of Nature and Culture is now in its third year of publication. This rapidly expanding title focuses on three key goals:

- Develop theoretical concepts, models, or formulations that uniquely explain or illuminate the material and symbolic dimensions of human interfaces with the non-human life world.

- Present and engage in conversation multiple approaches to exploring environmental communication, examining important issues, such as the promotion of "just sustainability" and climate change communication.

- In our PRAXIS section, exploring the tensions and possibilities between conventional academic scholarship and more participatory "action research" that are experienced by many scholars who work in environmental communication.

"Editor's Choice"
To provide a sample of the work we are publishing, we are offering free viewing to a number of "Editor's Choice" papers (click on titles in <http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/RENC_Editors_Choice_2009.pdf).>http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/RENC_Editors_Choice_2009.pdf).

Special Issues
Environmental Communication currently publishes one special issue per year on a topic of global concern. Special issues to date have included "Exploring the nexus of nature and culture" and "Dimensions of climate change communication." Our next special issue will center on the topic of "Food, Culture, and Environment: Communicating About What We Eat".

Submissions
Environmental Communication is looking for high quality papers on a continuous basis in order to build a strong and highly cited publication. We have assembled an outstanding international Editorial Board to provide informed and thorough reviews of your work. All essays for submission should be made via Environmental Communication's Manuscript Central site. For further information, including Instructions for Authors, please visit the journal's homepage.

Subscriptions
Currently, publishing three issues per year, with institutional and personal rates available. Significant discounts for members of a wide range of
professional associations and societies, including ECREA.

We hope you will enjoy your access to the "Editor's Choice" papers and look forward to seeing your work published in future issues of this flagship title in the growing field of environmental communication.

Stephen P. Depoe, PhD, Editor
Professor of Communication and Affiliate Professor of
Environmental Studies, University of Cincinnati, USA