Archive for May 2009

[ecrea] Computer-Aided Qualitative Research - 4-5 June

Tue May 05 12:46:18 GMT 2009

Dear Researchers,

For the 2nd edition of the International workshop on Computer-Aided
Qualitative Research 2009, we would like to cordially invite you to
participate given your interest in the subject matter. The workshop will
be held in the historic city of Utrecht in The Netherlands on 4-5 June
2009. To find out who has already registered for this workshop, please
click here: http://www.merlien.org/events/program.php?cf=18.

This unique, cross-disciplinary workshop will bring together researchers,
practitioners and PhD students to discuss the key issues concerning the
use of QDA software (e.g. Atlas.ti, NVivo, MaxQDA, Transana, QDA Miner)
and how to integrate them successfully into research methodologies. The
format of the workshop will include a 3-hour demonstration on leading
software packages, invited speeches, paper presentations and a
brainstorming workshop. As with the previous event, this workshop will
provide excellent opportunities for participants to network with their
peers.

Programme highlights include:
>Reviewing the latest versions of QDA software: Atlas.ti, NVivo, MaxQDA,
Transana and QDA Miner
>Comparing software packages in terms of methodological utility and
practical usability
>Choosing the right software: implications of methodology for software
choice
>Using the internet and web tools for conducting qualitative research
>Visualising meaning-making using Atlas.ti concepts maps
>Integrating qualitative findings in quantitative applications using
software
>Developing strategies to work effectively in teams using CAQDAS
>Adapting CAQDAS teaching methods according to researchers methodological
orientations
>Examining the critical issues in teaching CAQDAS and preventing the
misuse of software tools

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to discuss best practices with
your peers in an informal and (fun) networking environment. This two-day
workshop includes all documentation and lunches on both days. To secure
your seat, please register here:
http://www.merlien.org/events/registration.php?cf=18.

As there are only a couple of seats left, please register now to avoid
disappointment. If you have any comments or suggestions, please do not
hesitate to contact me. Please forward this mail to your collegues or
friends whom you think might benefit from attending this workshop. Thank
you!

Kind Regards,
Jasper Lim
Conference Chair, CAQR 2009