Archive for April 2008

[ecrea] Summer School in Studi Culturali

Wed Apr 23 05:40:33 GMT 2008

>SUMMER SCHOOL
>
>in Adriatic Studies [SSAS] - Cultural Studies between East and West
>
>Rimini, 30th June - 12th July 2008
>
>The aim of the Summer School in Adriatic Studies
>is to increase knowledge on cultural and
>political interactions in modern Europe,
>focusing particularly on methodological issues
>related to the analysis of cultural processes. A
>series of lectures and seminars will offer a
>multi-disciplinary overview on dierent methods
>and research perspectives in the field of
>cultural studies and cultural analysis to
>critically understand cultural issues of the
>current interconnected spaces between Western and Eastern Europe.
>
>General information
>
>According to the expression of multiple
>identities, the School provides the participants
>with lessons, seminars and panel discussions on
>various issues related to the theme proposed. It
>also emphasizes interactive learning experience,
>as exemplified by its international and
>interdisciplinary participantS.  Lectures, round
>tables and seminars will be held mostly in
>English. All the SSAS activities will take place
>in Rimini, at the Town of Rimini Museum (v.
>Tonini 1, close to Piazza Ferrari), where
>participants will find any secretarial facility.
>TheSSAS staff will be available to participants
>and lecturers each day from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm.
>Classes hours:10-12 am; 5-7 pm. A fee of 300,00
>Euros is charged for participants.This includes
>housing accomodation, course package and any
>further teaching material. The course offers a
>certificate of participation worth 6 (six) ECTS credits.
>
>Target group and prerequisites for admission.
>
>The SSAS offers educational and cultural
>opportunities for Ph.D, graduate and
>undergraduate students interested in exploring a
>career in geo-political or cultural studies,
>especially focusing on Eastern countries. The
>SSAS will be useful as well for professionals
>interested in migration policies. Candidates
>must provide a list of courses attended, a
>curriculum vitae and a letter of presentation by
>a senior or a preminent scholar. Application
>forms must be sent by email or fax direct to the
>students tutor of the school at the following address:
>
>Dr. Lara Michelacci - Department of Italian
>Studies (University of Bologna) Via Zamboni, 32
>40126 Bologna - ITALY - Fax: + 39 051 2098555 -
>E-mail: (lara.michelacci2 /at/ unibo.it)
>
>Application forms can be downloaded from the web
>site
>http://www.unibo.it/Portale/Relazioni+Internazionali/Summer+School/summer/Language
>
>or requested from Dr. Lara Michelacci.
>

>Programme
>

>The global discussion of Cultural studies
>highlights the strong contemporary interest for
>new ways of studying and thinking about
>«culture». The label "Cultural Studies" detects
>a wide and composite research program across
>different national settings, whose common lines
>reside in a shared interest in the field of
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/