Archive for March 2008

[ecrea] *Scope* no. 10 (NS) now published

Fri Mar 14 11:09:42 GMT 2008

>Dear All
>
>The new issue of *Scope: An Online Journal of
>Film and Television Studies* - issue 10 (NS) -
>has just been published at http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/issue.php?issue=10
>The table of contents is reproduced below.
>
>All issues of *Scope* published between
>1999-2004 are now available in the journal's
>archive (http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/archive.php)
>
>best
>
>Julian
>

>*Scope* - Issue 10 (February 2008)
>
>Articles
>Miramax's Asian Experiment: Creating a Model for Crossover Hits
>Lisa Dombrowski
>
>Comedy and Experimentation in British
>Alternative Film: The Funny Peculiar Case of Ivor Montagu's Bluebottles
>Seb Manley
>
>"If we stretch our imaginations": the
>Monstrous-Feminine Mother in Rolf de Heer's Bad
>Boy Bubby (1993) and Alexandra's Project (2003)
>D. Bruno Starrs
>
>Dogville: Lars Von Trier's Desexualized America
>Ahmed F. Elbeshlawy
>

>Book Reviews
>Electric Dreams: Computers in American Culture By Ted Friedman
>Reviewer: Anne Petersen
>
>Mute Dreams, Blind Owls, and Dispersed
>Knowledges: Persian Poesis in the Transnational
>Circuitry By Richard M.J. Fischer
>Reviewer: Farhang Erfani
>
>Uncovering the Holocaust: The International
>Reception of Night and Fog By Ewout van der Knaap (ed.)
>Reviewer: Chris Cagle
>
>Color: The Film Reader By Angela Dalle Vacche and Brian Price (eds.)
>Reviewer: Deborah Allison
>
>Pretend We're Dead: Capitalist Monsters in
>American Pop Culture By Annalee Newitz
>Reviewer: Natasha Patterson
>
>Film as Philosophy: Essays on Cinema After
>Wittgenstein and Cavell By Rupert Read and Jerry
>Goodenough (eds.) & The Journal of Aesthetics
>and Art Criticism, Special Issue: Thinking
>Through Cinema: Film as Philosophy By Murray
>Smith and Thomas E. Wartenberg (eds.)
>Reviewer: Vincent Gaine
>
>Cinephilia: Movies, Love and Memory By Marijke
>de Valck and Malte Hagener (eds.) & Quintessential Tarantino
>Reviewer: Ryan Shand
>
>Billy Wilder, American Film Realist By Richard Armstrong
>Reviewer: Thorsten Carstensen
>
>Carmen: From Silent Film to MTV By Chris Perriam and Ann Davies (eds.)
>Reviewer: Tom Whittaker
>
>The Hollywood Horror Film, 1931 - 1941: Madness
>in a Social Landscape By Reynold Humphries & The
>Quest for the Wicker Man By Benjamin Franks,
>Stephen Harper, Jonathan Murray and Lesley Stevenson (eds.)
>Reviewer: Edmund P. Cueva
>
>Deleuze, Cinema and National Identity: Narrative
>in National Contexts By David Martin-Jones
>Reviewer: Terry Rowden
>
>Filmosophy By Daniel Frampton
>Reviewer: Ils Huygens
>
>Death 24x a Second: Stillness and the Moving Image By Laura Mulvey
>Reviewer: Daniel Herbert

> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/