[eccr] OURMedia IV - Building Communication Societies

Wed May 12 20:03:37 GMT 2004

>  ( versiones de este documento en español y portuges vienen
>aparte)
>
>Dear OURMedia Members,
>
>The Conference Planning Committee-- 45 people from 18 countries-- has
>been hard at work to develop a very exciting and important conference. We
>hope you are all making your arrangements to attend  OURMedia IV in Porto
>Alegre, Brazil this July 22-25, 2004 and we look  forward to seeing you there.
>
>  Below is the conference announcement for OM IV and we need your help to
> circulate it and invite people who want to join us. We also hope to soon
> receive your proposals and ideas for conference sessions!
>
>1) Please forward the announcement below to anyone you think might be
>interested. We need your help to attract people in (from) your region,
>networks and field of action. If you send it to any email lists
>(listservs), websites or newsletters where it is posted, please contact
>Liza at (om2004 /at/ ourmedianet.org) so we can keep track of all  e-lists,
>newsgroups, websites, newsletters where the announcement has already been sent.
>2) Please let us know if you have ideas for local Porto Alegre groups and
>people we should contact about the conference. We are looking for contacts
>in Brazil and particularly in the Porto Alegre region and the state of Rio
>Grande do Sul who work with community radio,
>community TV or print media, "communications for development" projects,
>youth and ICTs, popular education using media/ICTs, media and
>communications policy activists/advocates, as well as indymedia and other
>grassroots political ICT projects (other suggestions welcome!). Names and
>information for groups and people to contact in Porto Alegre and around
>the region can also be sent to (om2004 /at/ ourmedia.net).
>
>  More info below!
>
>Thank you and hope to see you in July!
>
>The OURMedia/NuestrosMedios IV Conference Planning Committee
>

>  * * * * * * * * * * *
>
>  {{please forward}}
>
>  OURMedia/NuestrosMedios IV: Building Communication Societies
>  An International Conference
>  July 22-25, 2004 Porto Alegre, Brazil
>  :::: CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PROPOSALS ::::
>
>  Proposal Deadline: May 10, 2004, 22:00/10pm GMT (17:00/5pm EDT).
>
>  OURMedia/NuestrosMedios is an international network of more than 270
>  academics and activists: researchers, practitioners and advocates
> working in more than forty countries to strengthen media and
> information/communication technologies (ICTs) that support social
> justice, human rights, community autonomy and grassroots empowerment.
>
>  Our work spans many fields: community media, independent media, radical
> media, citizens media, grassroots networking, telecommunications policy,
> indymedia activism, cultural arts, communications theory, social-movement
> research, sociology, anthropology, cultural studies,
>development communication and communication for social change.

> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info